Everything you need to know if engaging as an Expert on an OnFrontiers consultation
What is OnFrontiers?
- OnFrontiers.com is an enterprise knowledge marketplace that helps customers access knowledge and build their networks by connecting them with Experts like yourself.
- The basic engagement is a 30-minute to 1-hour virtual call. Your compensation is based on a rate set by you during the application process.
- Some of our experts engage in larger projects through OnFrontiers, which typically start with unpaid opportunity calls with our customers.
How does the call work?
- When a client requests you for a consultation or opportunity call, you get an email and SMS notification with the invitation link. This is where you will confirm the call with our customer
- The client will not call you. To join the call, go to the consultation link through a web browser or call the local dial-in number. Our platform operates through a Zoom integration to make your experience secure and reliable
- The platform also generates a calendar invitation that contains all the information to needed join the call
Will this be a conflict of interest with my employer?
- Our clients are careful to make sure there are no organizational conflicts of interest (OCIs) for experts invited to consult in their expert requests
- We require Experts (you) to complete a short online compliance training before joining consultations and opportunity calls. This training informs what you should and should not discuss. Ex — no confidential, privileged, or non-public information.
- Your consultation is private between you and the customer. If the conversation leads to potential confidentiality issues, let the customer know. They will understand a steer the conversation to a safe domain.
Remember, you can accept or decline requests based on the sensitivity of each topic.
How do I get prepared for the consultation?
- Get ready 10 minutes prior to the call. Move to a distraction-free location with good reception.
- Review the client’s questions contained in the invitation link to understand what they want to learn from you
- Break the ice, but quickly move on to the consultation topics. Time is money.
How will the call logistics work?
- The client will not call you. To join the call, go to the consultation link (https://onfrontiers.com/consultations) through a web browser or call the local dial-in number (if available).
- The dial-in information will be in the calendar invite sent to your email upon confirmation.
- Prioritize using wired headphones instead of Bluetooth earbuds to ensure higher call quality.
- Prioritize joining the consultation through a computer/desktop browser rather than from your mobile browser when joining through the call link. This ensures an improved call experience for you and the client
How will I be paid?
- OnFrontiers will pay you. The customer does not have information about your payment for the consultation
- We primarily pay Experts via Hyperwallet, a third-party service that deposits the money to your local bank account. We can also pay through Paypal or Western Union.
- Payments are processed on Friday (by COB New York time) of the week of the consultation.
How much will I be paid?
- You get to set your hourly rate based on your understanding of what is fair for the expertise that you’re sharing
- The average rate is around $150-250 US Dollars. We encourage our experts to set their rates within a competitive range that meets their expectations
- The remuneration is limited to the amount of time spent in consultation with our client. You are not remunerated for time spent on registration, application, and preparation time.